Friday, March 4, 2011

How many times... everyday

I was out this evening and it occurred to me that I go out to my animals at least 4 times a day. breakfast to let them out for the day.  mid-day egg check. evenin' meal time.  and before bed to close the condos so the hens aren't eaten by the raccoons, foxes, or skunks (which I have smelled lately.)  Sometimes the hens decide it's a party night.  They hang out in the cage below sipping martinis and dancin to dean and sinatra.  Drives me crazy cuz on a cold winters night I just want to snuggle up an get some zzzz.

spring summer fall and winter.  (summer days are even longer) I am now a farmer... this is what I do...


tonight was  cold quiet and calm. My ladies were all up on there roosts (its a friday night don't they know...), the sheep were nestled in to their hay. the sky was cloudy and bright from the light pollution.  the things that go threw my mind when I go out by myself into the darkness: I saw that there was a pack of coyotes sited this week in this area. I hear them yelping sometimes along the creek. We have a lot of deer back there too.  hmmm I am surrounded by cemeteries (which is why it seems we have so much land to ourselves in this urban setting) when will the zombies come up and start hunting the living? or worse how about zombie sheep and chickens hehehe (for you craig.)

Anyway I thought, how fast can I get back up to my house... I know I will dream about this later while the owls are whoooooing.

Its not even a full moon...

No comments:

Post a Comment